Improving accessibility for people with sight loss in technology, wayfinding, transit, recreation, travel, and entertainment.
According to the 2015 National Health Interview Survey, 23.7 million Americans age 18 and older reported experiencing vision loss. With the aging baby boomer population, this number is expected to double over the next 30 years.
As a forward-thinking designer, planner, architect or business owner, you strive to create an inclusive space for all people to live, work and play. With increased consumer choice, you are conscious of customer loyalty and social awareness.
Creative Inclusion combines existing legislation and best practices to help you develop accessibility solutions promoting safety, independence, and dignity.
When you design accessibility into buildings, programs, products and services, everyone benefits:
- Your visitors and customers with sight loss gain independent access and enjoyment.
- Your reputation grows as a socially responsible company.
- You can serve more visitors and customers, which can increase sales.
- Your trained staff offer assistance and respond to accessibility questions and requests with confidence.
- Your websites and apps are usable by people with sight loss, expanding your customer base and increasing goodwill among friends and family.
Whether designing for the public realm, open spaces, parks, terminals, or corporate campuses, Creative Inclusion works with your organization to create smart, navigable, and accessible indoor and outdoor walkability and wayfinding strategies for all.